Friday, July 24, 2009

Don't Let Them Tell You

Today I read some things that really disturbed me. It was another example of people holding us back from sobriety and self love. The more research I do on addiction the more I realize that most of the individuals that speak or write about addictions are opinions that have evolved from some type of reading material. Today I read "No One Chooses to be a drug addicted". Okay, I won't embarrass the genius that quoted that, and I know none of us have sat up in the morning and planned to be a blown out junkie. But it is not something we are born with as the genius from above states. I know that I am going against the books and the educated individuals that have studied addiction but studying it and living it is to total different perceptions. So why would their theory make more sense than a recovered addict. Now it is clearly your choice to follow what feels right to you and this is clearly my opinion developed from experience.

I find it funny that the number one addiction right now in America is prescriptions pain killers, ex. Roxi's Oxycontin. For the one's of us that have experienced the ones prescribed now a days verses the ones prescribed ten years ago, know that there is no comparison. The first time I had one of these I thought someone had given me some acid or a weak ecstasy pill. I could not believe that it was a pain killer. Plus the chance of becoming highly dependent on the newer ones is about 80% more likely than then the normal vicodin or percocet. On top of all that, the likelihood that someone will be able to establish sobriety after abusing them is rare. i have seen individuals walk around with a cup to spit the blood in that they cough up when their body is withdrawing from not having the drug as soon as twelve hours from there last intake. I watched a grown man curl up on the floor shaking, puking, and sweating profusely trying to come of these. Ten years ago the average monthly supply for a pain killer was closer to ninety pills. The smallest prescription I have seen in the ;last four years is 200 a month. Why are the newer ones so much worse in ever factor? What is now being prescribed is synthetic heron. Everyone has seen or heard what the street heron does and it is illegal so why is it being subscribed in outrage dosage and milligrams to 90% of the people on pain killers.
So tell me again, addiction is something we are born with? What kind of Crap supports that notion.

I would say that these legal killers being supplied to the people are nothing more than a money making industry and a tactic to control population. A 100 years ago people suffered thought the pain without a lot less help and still maintained a full time hard job. Woman still today are having children without a single bit of pain medication....No wonder this world is where it is today. The government has enabled and promoted their people to become lazy and weak. They allow us to rant and rave about anything, then get us doped up out of minds, and eventually deteriorate from the abuse. I say to you scientist to open your eyes and come to terms as to what and where addiction stems from. To myself and other addicts, once you have realized that you put yourself there, go ahead and thank the government for assisting you in the hole you dug and pulling up the ladder once you fell in.
Here's another example of how addiction is pushed in our face every day. The two worst addictions are legal! The first is the silent killer... Smoking kills numerous amount of people and its not the nicotine that does, its all the chemicals the government add in for flavor. The other is alcoholism. The kicker with this addiction is that is not the user that usually suffers the worse consequences. It is the innocent individuals that are killed by a drunk driver that makes this addiction one of the leading causes of death.On top of that many recovered alcoholics still have to consume one alcoholic beverages a day otherwise their livers will shut down..

Come On... Addiction is shoved down our throats on every corner in America. So for the ones that believe you can never over come addiction because its something we are born with I say to you " Quit making excuses" Addiction is far from hereditary.. My mom never touched drugs and I was a full blown junkie..I wasn't even prejudice. I didn't choose one drug I choose them all and half the time I was high on more than one drug. as far as all the damage us addicts are suppose to never heal from, MORE CRAP!.I am still intelligent, beautiful and can comprehend more than my normal society standard neighbor. Your body's make up is created to heal which means with the proper steps you can heal from anyone. If you spoke to me face to face you would never know the fun , scary, and beneficial experience I have had on drugs. It UGGGGHHHH it erks me to see so many walk through this believing in everything but themselves... Don't listen to anything or anybody when everything inside of you is screaming something different. You control your thoughts and feelings. You only feel what you allow yourself to feel. No one can make you feel anything that choose not to. Faith in yourself is the most powerful tool you have in this world.. Don't let them tell you who are Don't let them tell you who you're going to be, don't let them tell you your weakness and set your limitations. That is you God giving right to decide those things not them Don't be the person they want you to be. Be the person you know you are and the person you choose to be.
Forget what you heard on the news or read in a book. Start with you! What void are you trying to fill with your addiction? What do you think you are missing? What do you think you need? When you realize the missing link is loving yourself for you not the person society wants you to be, the rest will fall into place. The answer lies from within you. Who the hell knows the inside of you. ONLY YOU! Don't be your own weakness or defeater, Be your champion Be your strength!

2 comments:

JustURDestiny said...

I really feel sorry that you have so much built up anger. I did not blame the government entirely but the prescription drug market is a joke and nothing more than a money scheme... Sorry you feel this is not helpful but seeing how I get plenty of personal emails about the benefits and comfort in fighting addiction. You speak from a single point of very.. I also clearly state that this is nothing more than my opinion further more news flash " What are blogs" People's opinion.. Some it will help others find no need. So I ask you to keep your negativity to yourself because this site is all positive. It doesn't have to help everyone but for the even just one person to say its helped then I served a benefit.. I also do motivational speaking and look in the mirror daily i have accepted who I am.. Maybe you should take your own advice.

Anonymous said...

Its not so hard to color between the velvet, is it? Ur graffiti is lame too... Blend more its a little off... The fuzzy stuff is messing you up... Maybe u shouldn't post that kinda stuff.... Can u freehand??? I would like too see more freehand... EXPRESS yourself.. Madonna! I couldnt leave a comment on ur drawings cause it needs a password..... so ill leave it here... u other stuff.. sounds personal.. i wouldnt put my whole life out there for everyone to see.. its a BLOG not a bio!